The Preamble to the Design for the
expresses the shared affirmations of
the Disciples of
- "As members of the Christian Church, we confess that
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim him Lord and
Savior of the world.
- In Christ's name and by his grace we accept our mission
of witness and service to all people.
- We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in
the covenant of love which binds us to God and to one another.
- Through baptism into Christ we enter into newness of
life and are made one with the whole people of God.
- In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined
together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
- At the table of the Lord we celebrate with thanksgiving
the saving acts and presence of Christ.
- Within the universal church we receive the gift of
ministry and the light of scripture.
- In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to
God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end.
Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever. Amen."